What is this course about:
- Explaining main notions of peaceful conflict transformation
- Diving into core concepts of peace, violence and conflict
- Getting to know basics of conflict analysis, its use and approaches
- Applying the gained theoretical knowledge to real practical cases
Who is this course for:
- Young professionals, working or applying for work in the field of international development cooperation, humanitarian work and peacebuilding
- Experienced practitioners who want to refresh their knowledge
- Grassroots activists and individuals interested in gaining background knowledge about approaches to conflict transformation
What is the structure of the course:
The course consists of two theory-based workshops, one home assignment, one practice-oriented workshop and one evaluation session (approximately 10h in total):
September 29 at 4-6 pm CEST
Clarification of the terminology. What is conflict transformation? Basic concepts of conflict, peace and violence
October 1 at 4-6 pm CEST
Workshop: Introduction to conflict analysis tools - What exists and how to use them in professional work
October 6 at 4-6.30 pm CEST
Practice Session: Concrete cases from our target regions
Home assignment: Applying the conflict analysis tools to real conflicts
October 13 at 4-6 pm CEST
Evaluation: From conflict analysis to an intervention - how we use results of conflict analysis in project development
After completing the course you will be able to:
- operate with the basic concepts of peaceful conflict transformation
- conduct conflict analysis with various tools
- use conflict analysis in professional life
Price: 150 EUR (includes the online live training moderated by 1-2 CRISP facilitators, all necessary literature, a feedback from the trainers on the conflict analysis conducted by you and the certificate of completion outlining the content of the course, serving as a portable proof that you have extended your knowledge and skills)
We offer early bird tickets for 130 EUR, if you register before September 1.
Deadline for registration: September 23.
The payment is to be processed after you received a confirmation email and latest by September 19.
Interested in the course? Then fill in the registration form.
If you want to participate but have challenges to pay the full price please don't hesitate to contact us. We surely will find a solution. For any concerns or questions please contact us.