The project “Advancing Media Literacy and Democratic Resilience” aims to equip individuals with essential media literacy skills, enabling them to discern and counteract misinformation in an increasingly digital world. Through a series of expert discussions, impactful publications, and targeted training programs, the project fosters a culture of critical thinking and informed engagement.
The project aims to bridge information gaps, cultivate critical thinking, and bolster societal cooperation by empowering individuals with the skills to recognize and counter disinformation. The project emphasizes inclusivity, targeting not only media practitioners and educators but also disadvantaged communities and non-digital natives in hard-to-reach areas in Armenia. Together, we envision fostering a media-literate society that stands resilient against the divisive influence of false narratives.
Our project seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Counteract disinformation and false narratives through expert discussions and insightful publications.
- Develop media literacy skills among non-digital natives, empowering them to identify and combat disinformation.
- Enhance cooperation between civil society organizations in Armenia and Germany, promoting joint efforts to build knowledge and skills.
- Create an inclusive media-literate society that actively engages with digital media and resists the negative impact of disinformation.
- Armenian media practitioners: Empowering media practitioners and educators to disseminate accurate information and promote critical thinking.
- Non-digital natives in Armenia: Including disadvantaged residents of hard-to-reach areas and municipal workers.
- Media Literacy Workshops: Conduct a series of workshops, including media literacy training for media practitioners and local communities.
- Expert Discussions: Foster discussions on countering disinformation and false narratives, involving experts from Armenia, Germany, and EaP countries.
- Analytical Articles: Publish informative articles based on expert discussions, sharing insights and strategies to combat disinformation.
- Online Library: Create a comprehensive online library with resources, presentations, and learning materials for NGOs, journalists, and activists.
- Study Visit: Organize a study visit to Germany, facilitating knowledge exchange and potential collaborations in media literacy initiatives.